Today we're joined by Gary Lucas who is a financial planner and director at DMG Financial in Sale – a regional town in Victoria with about 14,000 people.
DMG Financial is a mature business. It has accounting and audit divisions, and employs around 40 staff.
The chat I had with Gary was recorded back in April 2015, not long after the Trowbridge report was released.
Listen and learn
In this episode, we talk about:
- How DMG Financial – which is a mature financial planning business with a lot of legacy clients – is transitioning away from commissions and funds under management, to dollar-based fees
- The process Gary uses with clients, and where the fee discussion fits within that process
- How Gary has managed to get the team on board and involved in the transition process
- What DMG recently changed around how they manage investment portfolios, so they are able to deliver better outcomes for clients
People on this episode
Mentioned on this episode
- DMG Financial
- BT Wrap
- Jim Stackpool
- Advice Map
- Outcomes Map (Resources section)
- Select Investment Partners
- Twitter - DMG Financial
- Facebook - DMG Financial