James O’Reilly and Corey Wastle started a Melbourne-based financial planning business called Verse Wealth in January 2015.
This is the sixth episode in a monthly series with James and Corey, to follow their first year in business.
You've heard in previous episodes about the work James and Corey are doing building a solid referral network.
But they are also using social media and content marketing as a way to get the Verse Wealth name out into the community, and pull new clients into their business.
So in this episode, we take a look at the how, what and why of the Verse Wealth content marketing and social media client acquisition strategy.
Listen and learn
In this episode, we chat about:
WHERE THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU?
- Ongoing work building referral partner relationships
- Testing Facebook ads
- Struggling with capacity to get everything done
- Corey proposing, with the help of a truckload of roses (and Harvey) - yes, it's a happy ending
- What strategies Verse Wealth are using to attract new clients
- How Verse are using social media in their marketing, including what platforms they're using and what activities they're doing on each
- A look into the strategy Verse are using with their Facebook ads, including their results so far
- Why Verse are "bullish on Periscope" and the experiment they are running with that platform
- Where blogging fits in to their strategy, and the process they are using to create content
SMARTER NOT HARDER
- James shares two useful services:
- "How do you make time for social media and content marketing? And how do you decide where (and what platform) to spend that time?"
People on this episode
Mentioned on this episode
- Nick Bowditch
- Facebook Ads
- Michael Back from The Social Adviser
- Facebook Audience Insights
- Permission Marketing by Seth Godin
- Verse Wealth
- Twitter - Verse Wealth, Corey Wastle and James O'Reilly
- LinkedIn - James O'Reilly and Corey Wastle
- Facebook - Verse Wealth
- Instagram - Verse Wealth