Today we’re joined by Alisdair Barr from GradMentor.
GradMentor is a business that helps place university graduates into paid mentorship programs in financial planning businesses around Australia.
Alisdair goes out to universities around the country, talks to students about financial planning as a career path, and helps match suitable grads with financial planning firms through a process that includes a speed dating style event.
While Alisdair’s business focuses solely on graduates for the financial planning profession, there’s a heap of things in this episode that apply to employees in general. It is well worth a listen.
Listen and learn
In this episode, we talk about:
- What traits to look for when hiring grads
- Some of the areas GradMentor skills up students – including presentation skills, behavioural interview training, and CVs
- What employers can do to keep employees happy, motivated and productive – and ultimately sticking around longer (hint: it's not brain surgery, but so few employers do it)
People on this episode
Mentioned on this episode
- Alisdair Barr
- GradMentor Speed Networking Events
- Strategic Resources Network
- The Go Giver by Bob Burg and John Mann
- Instagram - GradMentor
- Facebook - GradMentor
- iTunes - New Wave (GradMentor podcast)
- YouTube - Great info for people looking to enter the financial planning profession
- LinkedIn - GradMentor
- IFAAA National Symposium 2015