That means no commissions, no asset-based fees, and no ownership links with product manufacturers. There are very few – less than 100 – of those advisers in Australia.
Michael has a pretty interesting background. He trained as an accountant, and had a career in management consulting before moving into financial services and financial planning.
Michael will be part of a panel at the IFAAA Symposium on 30 October 2015 in Melbourne. It will be a small group of advisers which makes it a pretty awesome opportunity to talk to people that are doing things differently – whether you are independent or not.
If you’re interested in learning more about it, head on over to IFAAA.com.au and check it out. You don’t have to be a member to attend.
Listen and learn
In this episode, we talk about:
- How Michael has used a strong connection with an accounting business to help attract clients right from the get-go
- Why being independent is important to him and his clients (and yes, independence is also a big selling point)
- What successes Michael's achieved for both his clients and his business
- What challenges Michael's had around capital, hiring and managing outsourcing providers
People on this episode
Mentioned on this episode
- Libertas Wealth Consulting
- Lockward and Ward
- Clarence Street Mortgages
- Delivering Certainty by Jim Stackpool
- LinkedIn - Michael Rees Evans
- IFAAA National Symposium 2015