James O’Reilly and Corey Wastle started a Melbourne-based financial planning business called Verse Wealth in January 2015.
This is the eighth episode in a monthly series with James and Corey, to follow their first year in business.
This week we’re talking pricing.
Listen and learn
In this episode, we chat about:
WHERE THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU?
- Why Corey and James have opened a second office in Sydney
- How the recruitment process for their first staff member is progressing
- Corey shares he's a finalist in the AFA Rising Star Award, with the winner to be announced in late October
- How Verse Wealth price their financial planning services and why (hint: values and value play a big part)
- What variables go into calculating fees for clients, and what tool they use to help them
- We walk through a pricing example for a full service client
- Why Verse don't put fees on their website
SMARTER NOT HARDER
- James tells us about an online scheduling tool called Calendly they are using to book client appointments quickly and easily. James says it's "bone easy".
- James also shares a tool they are using to send SMS surveys following client appointments
- "It feels like there’s a heap of events happening at the moment (e.g. FPA conference, AFA conference, etc). They are often a big investment in time and money to attend. What does a dream event for you look like?"
People on this episode
Mentioned on this episode
- AFA Rising Star
- AFA Conference
- Brad Fox
- Jenny Brown
- Jenny Pearse
- The Social Adviser
- Jim Stackpool Pricing Webinar
- Schedule Once
- Acuity Scheduling
- SMS Bullet
- FPA Congress
- Adviser Edge
- Tinder (yes, really) - Also, in the spirit of financial services and sweet love of disclaimers... Suggestions about using Tinder are not advice. James and Corey's reference to Tinder is intended to be general information only and the information has been prepared without taking into account your personal objectives (wink wink).
- Verse Wealth
- Twitter - Verse Wealth, Corey Wastle and James O'Reilly
- LinkedIn - James O'Reilly and Corey Wastle
- Facebook - Verse Wealth
- Instagram - Verse Wealth