James O’Reilly and Corey Wastle started a Melbourne-based financial planning business called Verse Wealth in January 2015.
This is the ninth and final episode in a monthly series with James and Corey, to follow their first year in business.
This week they're reflecting on the first twelve months - their achievements, their disappointments, and their plans for the future.
Listen and learn
In this episode, we chat about:
WHERE THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU?
- How the first Verse Wealth employee is going, and how they found her
- How their Facebook lead generation campaign is performing
- Why they may be buying a chicken suit in the near future
- Why one of the biggest family law firms in Melbourne wrote a rap for them #word
- How Verse Wealth have performed in their first year of business, including client numbers and revenue
- What the most rewarding part of the year was
- What the biggest disappointment was and what they would have done differently
- What James and Corey are most excited about for 2016 and beyond
SMARTER NOT HARDER
- Why Verse Wealth decided to update their values and change "smarter not harder" to "be effective"
- "What’s your one big tip for advisers thinking about taking the leap and starting their own practice in 2016?"
People on this episode
Mentioned on this episode
- Monique Baines
- Alisdair Barr
- Adviser Edge
- Adviser Innovation Bootcamp
- Mastering the Rockefeller Habits - Verne Harnish
- Verse Wealth
- Twitter - Verse Wealth, Corey Wastle and James O'Reilly
- LinkedIn - James O'Reilly and Corey Wastle
- Facebook - Verse Wealth
- Instagram - Verse Wealth