We chat with Matthew Ross who is a fiercely independent financial adviser and the owner of Roskow Independent Advisory, which has offices in Melbourne and Brisbane.
This is part one of a two part series.
Listen and learn
In this episode you'll discover:
- How Matthew got started in financial planning - how he was on the right path, got distracted, and found his way back
- The impact a good mentor can have
- How Matthew charges - using a pure fee for service model
- The long-term view he takes to building relationships with his ideal clients (who are "smarter than the average bear")
- How he attracts clients to his business
- What he thinks about social media
- The power of building face to face relationships
- The script Matthew uses to ask for referrals